Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Promethean Boards

Well to be honest, I don't know diddly squat about Promethean boards. Last semester one of the professors had a lady to come in and do a presentation on the board, but there wasn't any hands-on involvement at all. So where did that leave me, back at square one, lost. I have seen professors use it in the classroom and I have also seen some of my peers use it too, but how did that help me. When the speaker comes on Wednesday, I want to be actively involved in using the Promethean board.
My mentor teacher in Petal had an Active board that was similar to the Promethean boards in her class. Just like me, she didn't know how to use it either. She only used it to look at worksheets with the class and never really let them explore with it. What's the point of having one when you are not going to let your students explore with it? I know I don't want to be that teacher that don't know how to work it properly, only using it to view worksheets. Help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment