Friday, April 24, 2009

Toward new media text

In the world we have today, technology is forever changing and upgrading. You have children who are 5, and they are able to text, chat online, and play computer games. At the age of 5, I don't even think I knew what a cellphone or computer was. With the world we live in now, I think not only teachers, but everyone should be up to date on technology.
As a future educator I think that it is our job to stay on track with technology, because if we don't, we will lose our students. I grew up learning straight from the book and if you even mentioned the word computer, the teacher would throw a fit. Don't get me wrong, we shouldn't get rid of textbooks because they are very important, but let's use other things in the classroom that will make learning meaningful.
I know by me being young, I should be up to date with technology, but I don't know everything. If it wasn't for this class, I wouldn't know a lot of things about technology. Thanks Dr. Bishop. For the people and teachers who are not confident with the technology skills, don't shy away, just play around with it and never be afraid to ask questions. As teachers we suppose to form a community, and if you are to afraid to ask your fellow coworker a question, then you need to reconsider your community.

No comments:

Post a Comment